Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fear

When I was younger and still to this day I have always been scared of two things and they are flying and the dark. Ever since I was little whenever it was time for me to get into bed I would try my hardest to not have to go to bed in fear of being in the dark and so I would come up with new ways every night to keep out of the darkness. I would even make myself throw up so my parents would have to clean my sheets before I could go to sleep. When my parents eventually got me into bed and ready to go to sleep I always made them trun the tv on so I would have some sort of light in the room so I could see if there were any creepy crawlers on the or in the closet. I know sounds immature but I was little and still thought the boogie man lived under my bed, even though my bed was on the floor and nothing could fit under my bed. This continued every night for I don't know how many years. I'm still scared of the dark to this very day and need to have a tv on or a small light just so I can fall asleep. My fear relates to Golding's novel because the boys are young and on an unfamiliar island and I'm sure atleast on of them is afraid of the dark and the things that go bump in the night, but I've come to realize as I get older that the only thing to fear, is fear itself and I believe that that is one of Golding's main themes of this novel that you need not be afraid of fear.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I sleep with a night light on, too. So don't worry about it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see being scared of the dark when your a kid, its a scary thing when your goung and you can't see whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally know how you feel. and like sara said don't worry about it, i sleep with a light on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember covering my head with the comforter in fear of what was "out there," only to give in when I began to sweat from the heat - my hope was always that the monster would not destroy me when I came out for a breat of fresh air! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still somewhat afraid of the dark i hate to go outside at night by myself still.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when i was a kid i actually kind of liked the dark. when i was in my room at night a little light would shine under the door at reflect on my toys so they looked like they were floating. i would concentrate on them really hard and it would seem like i could move them with my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its ok bree, at least you watch all the cool movies before you go to bed. =] lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to be scared of the dark too. The only reason I'm not anymore is because I know that nothing will hurt me and I have a tremendous amount of faith in what I do and in what I think. My advice to you is to just think of what makes you happy when you go to sleep. That's what I do. Then I dream of what I was thinking about. It's pretty spiffy!

    ReplyDelete